A new English course has started... And I'm always telling stories, particulary news that I discover in the newspapers, especially French media. You have here the first one, and also an introduction for a speaking activity about superpowers.
See you later!
A Spice First Big News
I'm keen on news, but especially the news that I used to teach the Valencian language to my students in some high schools. It was my strategy as a teacher, and I did the same as a student at the language school for my writing and speaking.
Do you want to know the first news of that course? Yes? No? I’m sorry, however, it's my speaking. I do a daily search in the French press, for fun and for practising the language.
What was that news? It was an astounding fact that recently happened at the University of Bordeaux in France.
A distracted teacher was at his desk while his students were working. The professor was watching a porn film, but his laptop was connected to the projector in the classroom.
Obviously, the students were astonished, and the president of the university was very angry. The teacher was immediately suspended.
In conclusion, an unforgettable course!
Source: Sud-Ouest newspaper / Photo: Wikipedia
Mario Candela
October 2026
SUPERPOWER
I don't like the Marvel films. Actually, They're all the same movie:
people who have special powerObviously, this is my opinion. I remember Supermanin the seventies, which was a fancy film, and Spiderman too, but nowadays my point of view is different.
I prefer romantic movies in French, like Christmas at Castlebury Hall, which was the last character of Roger Moore, a fantastic James Bond.
Maybe, when I was young, long, long time ago, I would have preferred to be the invisible man, because I liked a lot of old novel by H. G. Wells, but now I should choose The Hulk, which is one of The Fantastic Four.
At least, my major goal should be to have the superpower of speaking English properly.
But this is a dream!
Thank you very much for your kind attention.
See you next time!
Mario Candela
September 2026

No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario